Wipes & Other Nonflushables Continue to Wreak Havoc on Sewer Systems Worldwide
- "Sewer pump clogs due to personal care and household wipes, along with other nonflushable materials including masks and gloves, appear around the world on almost a daily basis".
- "Wipes, paper towels, tissues and other materials DO NOT disintegrate in the sewer like toilet paper".
- "Wipes and other materials collect on pumps casuing clogs which mix with fats, oils, grease and other sewage to form fatbergs in pipes".
- "The cost to remove these clogs is significant in both personnel and equipment".
- "A moderately sized, single clog can cost tens of thousands of dollars".
- The term flushable means something can be flushed but it is misleading to the consumer. 'Flushable' items are not safe for your homes pipes and local sewer systems.
- Only flush the 3P's - Pee, Poop, and (toilet) Paper.