MLWSA Rate Increase
On Thursday, July 18, 2019, the Multi Lake Water and Sewer Authority (MLWSA) Board of Directors approved an Operations and Maintenance rate increase of $8.23 per Residential Equivalent Unit (REU) per quarter for all sewer customers. This increase will be effective for the third quarter of 2019, and be billed on/about October 1, 2019. The factors contributing to this increase included:
- Analysis conducted by MLWSA Auditor indicating a shortfall in O&M revenues vs expenditures
- Increase in the cost of goods and services needed to support MLWSA operations
- Ongoing investment in maintaining and improving existing utility infrastructures
- Restoration of MLWSA Capital Improvement Reserves
MLWSA is still offering two billing and payment discount options available to you to help offset a portion of this increase. These options include:
- Subscribe to MLWSA e-billing (program available immediately). Your bill will be sent to an e-mail address provided by you. Those customers who subscribe to e-billing will receive a credit of $.50/quarter on current and future utility bills.
- Subscribe to ACH auto payments (program available immediately). ACH payments are made directly from customer specified accounts on/about the 10th day of the month following distribution of utility bills. Those customers who subscribe to ACH will receive a credit of $.50/quarter on current and future utility bills.
If you would like to enroll in either of the billing options available to you to start receiving your discount, please call the MLWSA office at 734-426-9797.
Income qualified families may be eligible for assistance with MLWSA utility bills. Agencies that may be able to assist include the following:
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services at 517-548-0200 (Livingston County), or 734-481-2000 (Washtenaw County)
- Faith in Action 734-426-7002 (Washtenaw County)
- Oakland Livingston Human Services Agency 517-546-8500 (Livingston County)
- The Salvation Army 734-668-8353 (Washtenaw), or 517-546-4750 (Livingston County)
If you have any questions, please call the MLWSA office at 734-426-9797. MLWSA is open from 9:00 am to 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.